Popular Medical Tourism Destinations in India
India is the preferred destination for medical tourism. India is a medical tourism facilitator with a comprehensive portfolio of services. These services include infrastructure and hospitality at affordable costs. Several Indian states provide unmatched medical care services. This occurs at a fraction of the amount that developed countries charge. Medical tourists prefer medical services in Chennai, New Delhi, Mumbai, Goa, and Ahmedabad.
- Chennai: Chennai caters to the needs of 200 international patients. Services covered include eye surgery, bone marrow transplant, hip replacement, and bypass surgery.
- Goa: Foreign tourists travel to Goa due to its popularity and natural environment. It is one of the best destinations that help you promote health by soul and body rejuvenation.
- Mumbai: Mumbai has several super-specialty hospitals and centers of excellence. Services offered include weight loss surgery, cosmetic surgery, and Ayurveda. It has prominent research centers in the orthopedics domain.
- Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad is popular for its world-class amenities provided by several hospitals. Its natural environment is the best place to revitalize your body and soul.
- New Delhi: New Delhi has several private hospitals for foreign patients. It provides neurosurgery, general surgery, heart surgery, and ophthalmic surgery services.
Top Ten Hospitals in India
Several hospitals offer impressive facilities and specialty services for interested medical tourists. The top 10 hospitals in India in the medical tourism domain are:
- Fortis La Femme hospital located in New Delhi targets the female population. It is among the top 10 hospitals in India. Fortis La Femme supports medical tourists by assisting in currency exchange and airfares. It offers gynecological services and high-risk pregnancy services. It also offers advanced newborn care (NICU), fertility, IVF treatment, and cosmetic surgery. Women get state-of-the-art facilities including mammography, bone densitometry, fetal and genetic medicine. New and expectant mothers also receive fitness education.
- Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad is the largest private medical tourism facilitators in India. It supports clients with integrated services. The super-specialty hospital consists of 232 beds and provides high-quality patient care. A team of experts provide accurate diagnosis and effective treatment. Specialty areas include orthopedics, cancer, gastroenterology, trauma, and critical care. Other specialty areas include gynecology, neuroscience, rehabilitation, and cardiology. Patients are also treated for liver disease, and many more conditions. Continental hospitals has advanced services including immunoassay, flow cytometry, and hemoglobin testing. Hematology, coagulation testing, histopathology, microbiology, and hemostasis are other core areas.
- Columbia Asia Referral Hospital in Bangalore has branches in Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia. The hospital started delivering its services in Bangalore in 2005. It has a reputation for unmatched care facilities, and handpicked, trained staff. Columbia Asia Referral hospital is among popular medical tourism facilitators in India. It specializes in critical care, cardiology, anesthesiology, oncology, sleep medicine, and endovascular surgery. Other areas include pulmonology, infectious disease, gastroenterology, hepatic surgery, and many more. Its broad range of facilities includes speech therapy, clinical pathology, and histopathology. The hospital has departments related to biochemistry, cytology, microbiology, and swallowing therapy.
- Apollo Hospital in Chennai has low-cost treatment options. It offers a broad range of amenities. It is one of the best medical tourism facilitators in India and among the top 10 hospitals in India. Patients seek medical care for plastic surgery, cancer, and orthopedics. Other areas include cardiac care and bariatric surgery. Apollo hospital locations are all across India. It provides care in specialty and super-specialty areas through its centers of excellence. The hospital specializes in gastroenterology, neuroscience, nephrology, and colorectal surgery. It also offers pediatrics, cancer care, cardiology, and many more specialties.
- Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai is a globally recognized medical tourism facilitator in India. Its core areas include obstetrics, gynecology, maternity services, and rehabilitative services. General surgery, interventional cardiology, neuro-ophthalmology, and many more services are also available. Lilavati hospital operates with 12 operation theaters, ICU services, and 314 beds. It offers care to fulfill the needs of 300 inpatients and 1500 outpatients daily. Lilavati hospital also provides medical insurance and accommodation to medical tourists. Other services include patient education and facilities for international customers.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (FEHI) in New Delhi is among the top 10 hospitals in India. It offers an excellent range of medical services for patients seeking cardiac care. The Fortis Heart Institute has the best specialists. It has many accreditations and awards to its credit. Its specialty services include interventional cardiology, preventive cardiology, bypass surgery and pediatric cardiology. It also offers minimally-invasive and non-invasive surgery, and heart transplant surgery. Other services offered are hepatology, urology, nephrology, gastroenterology, and orthopedics.
- Manipal Hospital is part of the Manipal Education and Medical Group (MEMG). It caters to the needs of a broad portfolio of patients. It has fifteen medical institutions offering preventive and care services across the globe. The Manipal hospital has achieved the ISO 9001:2001 certification. It operates in the areas of Diagnostics, Clinical, Allied, and Nursing areas. Manipal hospital uses the latest technology to provide state-of-the-art medical services. It has been operating for more than forty years.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital in Mumbai was set up by Dhirubhai Ambani. It provides the best amenities and medical services in India. It promotes the well-being of patients through the most qualified medical specialists. The hospital offers treatment procedures based on global standards. Its team of qualified medical professionals deliver the best care to patients.
- Sterling Hospital in Gujarat is a multi-specialty hospital. It is a key medical tourism facilitator in India. It also has many branches in Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Mundra, Gandhidham, Ahmedabad, and Rajot. It specializes in several areas including neurosurgery, neurology, and cardiology. Other specialty areas include renal transplant, nephrology, and urology. It also offers bone marrow transplant, gastroenterology, and related surgeries, hematology, and oncology. The Sterling hospital branch located in Ahmedabad. The National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) is its accreditor. Pathology services at Sterling hospital have received the 11th rank. EQAS, BIO-Rad in the USA performed its immunoassay quality assurance evaluation.
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) is India’s affordable medical tourism facilitator. It caters to patients from many socio-economic sections. Its patient base includes Indian foreign tourists and underprivileged sections. The hospital covers 1500 square feet. It provides access to quality medical care services. It has many departments including ophthalmology, cardiology, neuroscience, de-addiction, and many more services. The hospital has a daily inflow of 80000 inpatients, and has performed more than 1,00,000 surgeries.