Organ transplant is a frequent procedure in emergency medical situations for critical cases that have a patient sustaining organ failure. Organ transplants can enhance the life of patients and also help those suffering from chronic diseases to lead a healthy and long life. Transplantation is a complex procedure and requires the design of a proper diagnosis and treatment plan by a medical tourism agency. The most crucial requirement for an organ transplant is that the patient and the donor must have a compatible blood group. Patients undergoing organ transplants require continuous medical attention and care. Immediately after the implant, the patient needs to be isolated and utmost care needs to be taken to prevent any infections after the transplant as it can cause serious life-threatening complications.
Transplant tourism may be considered a subset of medical tourism, which refers to patients traveling from their home countries to other countries for an organ transplant. The most popular organ transplants for foreign patients in India are kidney and liver transplants. Significant advancements in medical science have led to the growth of organ transplant tourism. In the past, the rate of organ transplant failure was very high, but with emerging technology and research on transplant, the rate of graft rejection has declined. Although the chances of organ transplant failure are low, there is a need for proper facilities and management during and after the transplant takes place.
India is a top choice as a medical tourism agency for patients opting for an organ transplant for several reasons as summarized below:
- Best-in-Class Healthcare Facilities and Qualified Professionals: The primary reason for transplant tourism thriving in medical tourism destinations in India is that the healthcare facilities are readily available, and the doctors are highly trained and qualified.
- Internationally Recognized Educational Credentials: Another reason that makes India a first choice is that not just the doctors but also caregivers and nurses are highly trained and experienced. The standard of their education and training is at par with international standards.
- International Protocols: Hospitals in India follow all the protocols defined by International bodies, which qualifies it as the top medical tourism agency.
- Minimal Waiting Times: The waiting time for treatment is relatively lesser compared to developed nations like the USA, UK, and Canada.
- Modest Documentation Requirements: Organ transplant all over the world requires extensive documentation and permissions from various authorities. But India does not have a time-consuming process for an organ transplant, and patients can receive quality treatment without much hassle.
- Availability of Donors: Many donors are available in India, which implies that the supply is more than the demand in most medical tourism destinations in India.
- Thriving Pharmaceutical Industry: Apart from hospitals and doctors, India emphasizes manufacturing drugs that are a necessary part of the surgery and recovery phase. To prevent rejection of the organ by the recipient’s body, anti-rejection drugs are administered.
- Follow-up Procedures: Regular follow-ups are required after a successful organ transplant. The surgeon may suggest the patient undergo certain investigations at fixed intervals. These procedures are affordable and accessible in several medical tourism destinations in India.
- Affordable Procedures: Organ transplants require a patient to stay in the hospital for a long duration. Even after the transplant, patients are required to visit the hospital frequently. Hence, living in the vicinity of the hospital is an advantage and promotes quick recovery. The cost of living in India is cheaper than most western countries. India offers affordable options for accommodation, making it the preferred transplant tourism destination.
Whether you are looking for a heart transplant, liver transplant, or kidney transplant, India is the destination that offers end-to-end services for successful organ transplants. Best-in-class medical facilities are fully controlled by international protocols and guided by a team of specialists in the field to cater to your organ transplant requirements. Specialists in the field offer the right advice to prevent complications and also offer post-transplant care. Specialized services are continually delivered by Indian healthcare workers and contribute towards raising its standard as the top destination for organ transplant tourism.
“KareOptions does not have any intention to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide its users and/ or the general public with information to better understand their health. All content (including text, graphics, images, information, etc.) provided herein is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment. KareOptions makes no representation and assumes no responsibility/ liability for the accuracy of the information, advice, diagnosis, treatment provided herein or on its website. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ IT HERE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE KAREOPTIONS WEBSITE.